Back to the projects list
This breakout session will focus on the technical aspects of metadata
extraction from NWB files specficially in the context of search. What
are the use caes for search? who are the users? What are the
technical requirements from the indexers? How do we extract and enrich
the metadata contained in an NWB file to make it findable?
Tom Gillespie (UCSD)
Pamela Baker (AIBS/NWB)
The general objectives are to connect those interested in finding data
in NWB files with those who will be building the systems to find them,
and to determine whether there are any specific features of NWB files
and NWB metadata that can faciliate this.
- Identify a set of concrete use cases for search (user story style).
- Identify technical groups that are stakeholders in the NWB spec from the indexing side.
- Identify technical requirements for supporting search using ontology terms (external
Proposed discussion topics
Participants should add topics of possible interest for discussion here
- How to extract and expand external resources? How to deal with 404s?
- Are there additional metadata fields that are not required that
should be for serving search use cases? How can a consortium or
archive enforce this? How can validators check this for users?
Approach and Plan
Progress and Next Steps
- Meeting notes available in GoogleDoc at https://docs.google.com/document/d/1gS_xTHCWkVT3-OUCinLjnI8RvojVscyY7ZLF1eARvQY/edit?usp=sharing
Background and References