Back to Projects List
How to create a new project
Designing your team and project:
To facilitate the discussions around project ideas, you can ask the Hackathon forum maintainers to create a sub-team for you. The subteams that already exist are listed here.
- Use the main Hackathon forum (or your sub-team forum) to discuss project scope and team membership.
- As you work, distill your ideas into a pinned discussion. If you use the project description template, you’ll be all set up for the next step (below).
- Ultimately, this space is meant to serve your team, not become a burden, so you should use it however you want.
Once your project idea is finalized:
- When your project and team members are ready, add a new entry in the list of Projects by creating a new
README.md file in subfolder in
Projects folder, and copying contents of project description template file into it. Step-by-step instructions for this are:
- Open project description template and copy its full content to the clipboard
- Go back to Projects folder on GitHub
- Click on “Create new file” button
- Paste the previously copied content of project template page into your new
- Update at least your project’s title, key investigators, project description sections
- Add a link to your project to the main project list
Note: some steps above may require creating a pull request until your account is given write access.